The more you know, the better you bee.
Welcome to the Omaha Bee Club. We are here to help area beekeepers bee successful. Our member beekeepers can be found in Douglas County, Sarpy County, Washington County and Pottawatomie County.
Please look through all of the various pages on our website as we provide information and resources in a wide variety of areas relating to bees and beekeeping in the Omaha/Metro area.
You can e-mail the Omaha Bee Club at email@example.com. For presentations, please email Bob Cook
Quick info: Membership Costs (annual) - $10.00 individual (age 19 and older) or $15.00 for 'family/group' (2 adults age 19 or older and any minors under 19).
To join the Omaha Bee Club, please sign up when you attend one of the monthly meetings.
Please look over the "Bee Club Schedule" (link on the left) to see what will bee happening at upcoming meetings. The Bee Club Calendar page also has information for the meeting each month.
Are you an Omaha Area Beekeeper? Do you want to be?
The Omaha Bee Club can help you. How can we help you? In a number of ways.
1) We provide a community of people who are doing the same thing and some of them for a very long time. Plenty of experience here and quite a variety to boot. We usually meet once a month on the third Sunday of every month and we have our own Facebook and Google Plus pages where we can ask questions and keep up with each other at virtually any time.
2) We offer a mentor program. You can pair up with experienced beekeepers who can show you the ropes and help answer your questions and assuage your fears in that first year.
3) We are always keeping an ear out for landowners in the area who are desiring bee hives on their property for pollination purposes. We can arrange for our beeyard-less beeks to find a home on those properties, usually for only the cost of some shared honey.
4) The Omaha Bee Club will offer special education beekeeping sessions through the year for beekeepers. We also have a beekeeping library that members can borrow magazines and books from for free.
5) We are always working on ways to provide extra perks to Omaha Bee Club members. We offer special discount coupons to American Bee Journal and Bee Culture magazines for a 25% discount. We have an extractor that can be used by members at our "Extraction Parties" throughout the season.